Resources for Cancer Prevention and Control
Cancer incidence (cases) and mortality (deaths) in Texas
Priority cancers for CPRIT’s prevention program: breast, cervical and colorectal
- Breast Cancer in Texas: A Closer Look (01/04/10) (PDF)
Cervical Cancer In Texas, 2010 (PDF)
This replaces "Cervical Cancer In Texas: A Closer Look (01/04/2010)"
Colorectal Cancer In Texas, 2010 (PDF)
This replaces "Colorectal Cancer In Texas: A Closer Look (01/04/2010)"
Designated Medically Underserved and Health Professional Shortage Areas of Texas
- Designated Medically Underserved Areas of TX Map (PDF)
- Designated Health Professional Shortage Areas of TX Map (PDF)
Evidence-Based Strategies, Programs, and Clinical Recommendations
Resources by topic, including: specific cancers, tobacco, worksite programs, diet/nutrition, survivorship, etc.
Clinical Recommendations for screening, counseling, etc.
Effective communication tools for public education and outreach programs
- Making Health Communication Programs Work – National Cancer Institute
- Social Media Tools, Guidelines & Best Practices – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention