Resources for Cancer Prevention and Control
Cancer incidence (cases) and mortality (deaths) in Texas
The Texas Cancer Registry
Contact the registry by email or telephone at 1 (800) 252-8059.
- Cancer in Texas, 2012
- Tobacco and Cancer in Texas, 2012
Designated Medically Underserved and Health Professional Shortage Areas of Texas
Use these lookup tools to find shortage areas designations:
- Online Shortage Area Search Tool - Provided by the Health Resources and Services Administration
- Underserved Areas/Population Search Tool - Provided by the Health Resources and Services Administration
- Designated Health Professional Shortage Areas of TX Map (PDF)
Evidence-Based Strategies, Programs, and Clinical Recommendations
Resources by topic, including: specific cancers, tobacco, worksite programs, diet/nutrition, survivorship, etc.
Clinical Recommendations for screening, counseling, etc.
Effective communication tools for public education and outreach programs
- Making Health Communication Programs Work – National Cancer Institute
- Social Media Tools, Guidelines & Best Practices – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Sustainability of Projects
The Program Sustainability Assessment Tool: A New Instrument for Public Health Programs
Using the Program Sustainability Assessment Tool to Assess and Plan for Sustainability